April’s Play! box may have taken way too long to get to me (anyone else have such a hard time with mail delivery living in an apartment complex? I am so over it!! #APARTMENTPROBZ 😦 ) but these products were worth the wait because they are SO good y’all…packed with products I’ve been dying to try & definitely lived up to my high-hopes! The April box was curated around “products that deliver quick, camera-ready results” which also means flawless, natural-but-better makeup that makes everyday looks just that much better. Lately I have been all about products I want to reach for time and time again rather than things that will crowd my vanity and rarely get used, and I can’t wait to get the full sized of a few of April’s Play! goodies!
- Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Perfector (in Shade #6) (Full Size: $36) This “Lightweight skin tint that blurs imperfections and protects skin” was selected for my skin tone in the shade #6: Warm Sand. I applied with my beauty blender over the Primer in this month’s box (read below), and love how this product feels, looks, and even smells. I do prefer more full coverage foundation usually but this is PERFECT for summer days, vacations and easy weekend days! The SPF is super lightweight and has no fragrance itself, but the foundation has a subtle yet bright, crisp smell that I loved while applying in the morning. As expected from Make Up For Ever, this product is fab and in my opinion super similar to the ever-popular IT Cosmetics CC cream but WAY more lightweight, breathable, and natural looking.
- Urban Decay Hi-Fi Lipgloss in SPL (Full Size: $20) This “On-trend, iridescent lip gloss that visually plumps while it moisturizes lips” is shimmery-sparkly-pepperminty heaven. I’m not a gloss girl or typically any kind of shimmer (unless it’s neutral eyeshadows) but this gloss is too pretty to not break out of my norm. Wearing alone it looks and feels great, but based on this particular shade I would probably layer over a light/medium pink liquid lipstick to tone it better for my skin. This shimmer has a lot of purples and blues, and I like to warm up my lip color to best suit me.
- IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Pressed Poreless Finish Airbrush Pressed Powder (Full Size: $29) My skin tends to get really oily throughout the day, so I am and always have been on the hunt for great powders. This IT Cosmetics pressed powder has been on my radar for a bit, so I was so excited to get a sample beforehand to see what it’s all about. This “Translucent pressed powder that reduces the look of pores for an airbrushed finish” is so divine, and I can’t wait to get the full size. It is feather light, has great brush pickup unlike some pressed powders, and truly fits the description. The shade “Translucent” was sent and it truly is sheer and gives a flawless finish. I have been wearing this without even using my usual Urban Decay Deslick setting spray, and still stay completely matte. Love love love this and can’t rave enough!
- Peter Thomas Roth Skin to Die For No-Filter Mattifying Primer & Complexion Perfector (Full Size: $28) This primer made for a great trio with the foundation and powder in this months box. I started with this primer and love the consistency and how breathable it still feels. This “weightless primer that blurs imperfections and reduces the look of pores” is one of the best primers I’ve tried and I’ll definitely be getting the full size once my sample tube is finished.
- Fresh Lotus Face Mask (Full Size: $62) This Fresh face mask is described as a “five-minute facial in a jar that targets dull, rough, and dry skin”, and after a few tries I have to say i’m not all that impressed. I love the Fresh line and although this mask smells great and feels good to apply with the slightly gritty pieces to exfoliate, I just don’t see or feel enough of a difference to buy a full size. I applied according to the instructions and left on for 5 minutes, but personally prefer face masks that can sit on a bit longer and have more dramatic results.
This Month’s Bonus: MIU MIU L’eau Rosée (Full Size: $81) “Scent Type: Fresh Floral with key notes of blackcurrant, lily of the valley & musk. soft floral with sophisticated musk.” At first try I was not a fan of this, as the musk hit me first and was pretty strong. However even just a few minutes after spraying and the fragrance adjusting to my skin, it smells divine and just keeps getting nicer throughout the day. It’s not as bright and fresh as my go to Chance by Chanel, but this is a nice change and reminds me of the diptyque fragrances with the complex musks.
April Total: $256
Overall I couldn’t be happier with my Play! Boxes so far and have been so impressed with the brands and quality of products you get for so little each month. This month’s bag was a simple and sweet canvas bag that goes along with the theme and says “Make it Snappy”.
Many of these products are really good sizes for just being samples, so I’ve already noticed that my Play! products tend to help supplement my normal makeup routine & purchases. I feel like I am actually making less trips to Sephora just by using my samples with my normal go-to’s; win win! What did you think of your April Play! box? Are any of this month’s products your go-to favorites? Drop a comment below and let me know what your favorites are!