Alright guys – while I had some great finds in my past few Sephora boxes, I’ve really been underwhelmed with the last few months products and haven’t prioritized reviewing for you all. I’m playing catch up for June and July before I get my August box, because I really do want to review each product if I keep my subscription.
What is it about subscription boxes that inevitably become super mundane and repetitive? Once you do a few it becomes super obvious that only certain companies even make sample size promo items, so you end up receiving the same items several times over. Not a biggie if it truly is a free item or something you can use your Sephora points on, but paying each month you’d think there would be a way to make sure people aren’t getting the same generic items over and over again. It’s safe to say I’ve got high hopes for August and am in need of a killer box – otherwise I think i’ll move on from Play. Rant over 🙂
June is my favorite month of the year for so many reasons (not just because it’s my birthday month 😉 ) I love the sunshine, outdoors, pool/beach/lake days, baseball, parties, and tan lines that Summer brings, and Summer nights are always the best. June’s Sephora Play! box is intended to revolve around just that – those easy products you can throw on in the summer to feel light but put together.
- Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation in Y245 (Full Size: $43) This MUFE foundation is a subscription box regular that I’ve tried several times. Coverage is lightweight and feels good on the skin during those hot summer months where you need some extra moisture. This isn’t a foundation that I grab for on the regular however, and it doesn’t sit well on oily skin.
- Clinique Take the Day Off Makeup Remover for Lids, Lashes, and Lips (Full Size: $19) This is another regular giveaway product I have a stockpile on, as its regularly in the Clinique gift with purchase bags. This is a good makeup remover, however not one of my favorites or go-to’s. Again a bit of a miss for me and redundant product.
- Too Faced Melted Matte Liquified Long Wear Matte Lipstick in Queen B (Full Size: $21) My favorite product in this month’s box, the Too Faced Melted lipsticks are so nice and this color is super pretty. While it isn’t the most summery shade in my opinion (and looks a bit cakey when I have a good tan), this would definitely be a go to shade in fall/spring. The formula is very long wearing, and has a nice scent and finish. Their sample sizing is also pretty well sized and gives you plenty of wear.
- Murad Nutrient-Charged Water Gel (Full Size: $60) This moisturizing gel does a great job at plumping up a clean face to leave you feeling glowy and fresh. I’ve really liked applying to my face and neck alike during the summer to help moisturize a tan and prevent peeling. While the sample has gotten good use, this isn’t something I would buy full size especially for oily skin concerns.
- Living Proof No Frizz Nourishing Styling Cream (Full Size: $38) I’m a bit of a broken record in this month’s review, but this is another regular giveaway product that I’ve tried several times. I personally prefer Moroccan oil compared to styling creams and while living proof products are great, this was underwhelming for me and not something I reach for a lot.
This Month’s Bonus: BVLGARI Omnia Pink Sapphire (Full Size: $84) A really soft, elegant, feminine perfume that I’ve used a few times now. Again, there’s no replacing my go-to but this is a nice change of pace.
June Total: $265
For those of you Play! girls who got the Milk Kush Mascara – I AM SO JEALOUS! I was hoping and praying I would get it in my box, as I’ve been dying to try. I am super close to buying the full size but have heard mixed reviews on it being really clumpy. If you’ve tried, let me know your thoughts! Overall this is the first box where I’ve felt super underwhelmed; many of these items are pretty standard samples that I’ve tried over and over again with either subscription boxes or gift with purchases. Good thing Sephora’s Birthday Month gift made up for this month’s box – Glam Glow is always a good idea!