Take two of playing catch up on this Summer’s Play! boxes…thanks for bearing with me! July’s box was definitely better than June, packed with feel-good natural based products that are so fresh and so clean. I’m really not a big follower of natural beauty lines and probably aren’t as careful or educated when it comes to that subject (hence my love for matte lipsticks, full coverage foundation, baked contour, etc..oops), but I did love a few things that came in this month and my skin definitely notices a difference too.
- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Paaarty (Full Size:$29) This powder blush is super silky and the perfect warm muted rosy color – I really do love it! My daily go-to for blush and contour is the also tarte, so the formula is definitely a favorite of mine. This is a great summertime blush as it is super long wearing, so I’ve loved putting a little on before pool days and know it’ll stay in place. It’s pretty concentrated and a good size sample too, so this will probably last a while.
- Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask in Natural (Full Size: $26) I am always looking for super healing lip products to keep my lips smooth and hydrated (especially when I’m wearing a lot of long-wearing, matte lipsticks which can be so drying). This Bite mask is really nice and does a great job healing cracked lips. I love applying before bed as it is really thick and stays in place well, but have also been dabbing a little bit on during the day for some extra moisture and plump. A little goes a long way and I just discovered this comes in a few shades as well (versus the natural), so I’ll definitely be getting a full size once this is out! This is by far one of the best healing lip balms I’ve ever used.
- Farmacy Honey Drop Lightweight Moisturizer with Echinacea GreenEnvy (Full Size:$45) Moisturizers aren’t in my everyday skincare arsenal as I have oily skin and really need oil control more than anything. This gelly-cream has a nice scent and did feel good applying, however I didn’t notice really anything to write home about nor is it something that addresses my skin concern or needs. This is really mild and I would think would be safe for sensitive skin too – just not my cup of (honey) tea 🙂
- Caudalie Vinoperfect Concentrated Brightening Essence (Full Size:$42) Now toners on the other hand? SIGN ME UP! I much prefer applying toners than moisturizers and any kind of concentrate/astringents/etc do much better on my skin than gel or lotion based moisturizers. This brightening essence feels so good sweeping on and makes your face feel really clean, bright, and exfoliated. The sample is a bit small so I’m hoping it lasts several uses so I can really get a feel for long term results, but this seems like a great option for brightening and evening skin tone!
- Ren Evercalm Ultra Comforting Rescue Mask (Full Size: $38) I love a good face mask, and typically reach for high-power exfoliating, extracting, tightening, intense face masks that leave me feeling brand new. This mask is one of the few that is way more subtle, calming, and surprisingly enjoyable. This applies like a lotion and acts like a calming recharge for just the right amount of fresh. It feels really good on (especially after a day in the sun or angry skin day), and leaves a clean, refreshed finish. I really liked this product!
This Month’s Bonus: Briogeo Blossom & Bloom Ginseng + Biotin Volumizing Shampoo (Full Size: $24) I have really thick hair (that is also pretty long right now), so this wouldn’t be something I would reach for on the everyday, however I liked using it prior to blowing my hair out straight for some added volume and thickness. I would think this would be amazing for thin hair and have seen on a ton of reviews that regular use does help your hair grow! It has a super fresh, clean scent which I loved too.
July Total: $204
Overall this natural-based box was pleasantly surprising and felt very healing on tired skin+lips. Here’s to hoping my August box comes in soon so I can dig in to more goodies!